Dental Exam A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by your dentist at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Extensive Medical And Dental History
- Review Of Any Medication
- Blood Pressure:
- Cancer Screen:
- Visual And Digital Examination (Necessary X-rays, Panoramic, 3D, Bite-wings and/or Periapicals)
- Of lymph nodes in front of the ears; behind the ears; jaw area; beneath the chin; and neck area looking for pain, tenderness, and flexibility of the nodes.
- Of the lips (inside and out); inside the mouth including: hard and soft palate, behind the molars, floor of the mouth, lips, borders, frenum, surfaces of the checks, tongue size, color, shape and position.
- Periodontal Exam (Perio Chart)
- Periodontal screening, during this exam the hygienist will measure six sites per tooth to check for pockets and will record this information, he will also check for bone loss, gum inflammation and recession, signs of exudation, bleeding, calculus and teeth mobility. This exam will ensure that any issues are addressed promptly and your gums stay healthy.
- Occlusal Screen
- Bad bites that include teeth that are crooked crowded or spaced too far apart.
- Overbite which is when the upper jaw is too far in the front of the lower jaw or the upper jaw is too far back
- Underbite or bulldog jaw occurs when the lower jaw is too far in front or the upper jaw is too far back.
- Open bite occurs when the back teeth contact and the front or side teeth do not which can lead to excessive wear of the teeth or damage the jaw joints.
- Crossbite occurs when a tooth or a series of teeth are in opposite placement to the normal causing chewing problems.
- Wear of teeth
- Chewing problems
- Pain in joints and jaw areas
- Mouth opening abilities
- Checking for TMJ/TMD
- Complete Cavity Check Tooth By Tooth
- Conditions of the teeth and mouth; existing work done on the teeth; decay; leakage; treatments needing to be done; positions of teeth; impactions.
- Create a Comprehensive Treatment Plan
- Are designed to incorporate the patient’s immediate, intermediate and long-term dental needs.
- Determining the shades of the tooth color
Professional Dental Cleaning Prophylaxis
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
REMOVAL OF CALCULUS (TARTAR):Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
REMOVAL OF PLAQUE:Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease! Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
We provide custom mouth guards at Kandor Dental to help protect your teeth from harm and injury. Our dentists can create two types of custom mouth guards depending on your individual circumstance and situation: